Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Day in Rapid City: Museum of Geology

We loved Rapid City, South Dakota. One day, we did some local sightseeing. There's a lot to see, but we kept it to one day, partly because we have to keep heading south, partly because we're on a tight budget so we are concentrating on low- or no-cost attractions.

First, we went to the Geology Museum on the campus of South Dakota School of Mining and Technology. It's free, but donations accepted. I really enjoyed the museum; it's very well organized, with some really arresting exhibits. The guys really, really enjoyed it, so after I'd had my fill of rocks and fossils, I sat on a couch and read while they really got their fill. I'm more of an architecture/farms/villages/towns kind of tourist, myself.




 Of course, what would an outed be without a little playing around?

No comments:

Post a Comment