Thursday, September 12, 2013

Revisiting Grant Kohrs Ranch

Last year I told you about our visit to Grant Kohrs Ranch, near Deer Lodge, Montana. The buildings were closed to visitors as some mandated fire suppression equipment was being installed, and I was disappointed as I had looked forward to seeing it for many years. This year, were were able to see all, and I was very glad we had returned.

Of course, now we have our grandson Damien in tow. He enjoyed it, too.
The blacksmith shop was Damien's favorite part of the ranch, I think. This lady was delighted when a French couple arrived. She is a Francophile and enjoyed chatting with them in their native tongue. She courteously offered translations every couple sentences, so we didn't feel excluded from  the conversation.
The guys also enjoyed the cowboy bunkhouse row. I think they could easily imagine themselves living in this setting.
I didn't get any photos of the interior of the house, as photography is not allowed, but pictures are available on the National Park website.



1 comment:

  1. How neat that you were able to go back and get another chance to see it! Damien is looking so tall! :)

    ReplyDelete