Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kicking Around Lincoln City, Oregon

We had some time to catch our breath in Lincoln City. Our beautiful riverside campsite was paid for for four nights--we had set aside a day to go inland to the air museum at McMinnville, which we had heard was marvelous. I hope it truly is, but I will never know. When I went online to check hours and admission fees, I discovered it was $25!!! for me and, with Jan's senior discount, $24!!! for him. We are not paying $49 to look at some airplanes. So we spent another day just kicking around Lincoln City, which was enjoyable. One of the things I love about this life is getting the feel of what other places are like.

Lincoln City, like most of the Oregon coastal towns, is very accommodating to tourists, but Lincoln City seems especially so. We did some more beach walking, of course. And we checked out the outlet stores. We used to go to the outlet mall in Post Falls, Idaho, but that place is a virtual ghost town now. I'm not sure why. This outlet mall is one of several nationwide, a Tanger Outlet Mall.  Being a big spender, I did find a new lens cap for my camera to replace the one I'd recently lost. And better yet, I bought a "lens cap leash" so I won't lose it again. Yay!

Here's the mall:


No comments:

Post a Comment